To be Cannabis Nurse Approved, like Unity Formulas, products must meet criteria called FLOW. It was created to educate individuals to find the highest-quality products available.
- Look for products that are derived from primarily flower/bud.
- For accurate dosing and to ensure no contaminants are present.
- Ask to see batch test results and review for cannabinoid and terpene profiles as well as absence of potential harmful contaminants including herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, bacteria and mold.
- Clean Green Certified/Organic growing and processing standards.
Whole Plant Spectrum:
- Concentrated as nature intended preserving all plant compounds. This is achieved through food grade ethanol extraction (preferably organic cane alcohol) or infusion.
- Other extraction methods result in less optimal product for disease fighting potential including the risk of leaving toxic solvents behind.
- CO2 extraction is not optimal as plant compounds are isolated then reconstituted. Often, valuable cannabinoids, terpenes and other elements including chlorophyll (oxygenating promoting alkaline environment), fatty acids (promote absorption) and flavonoids (antioxidant protecting against damage from free radicals) that contribute to the entourage effect are left out.
To read more in depth: Four Criteria for Assuring Cannabis is Medical Quality